“Coca-Cola enters the water enhancer market with Powerade Sports Drops and Pump Drops.”
“Kraft enters sports nutrition market with new MiO fit water enhancer variant.”
“Coke enters the UK water enhancer market with Oasis Mighty Drops.”
“VitalZing adds MilkDrops and Coconut WaterDrops to the Enhancer Range”
“Nestle launches Nestea water enhancer alongside bottled water brands Pure Life and Arrowhead.”
Water enhancers are consumable formulations that add flavor, such as functional water, that add, supplementary dietary benefits to water. The efforts to enhance water with flavor and nutritious without carbonation, like soft drinks, started post-2010, with major companies trying to market such products to the increasingly health-conscious population. The global water enhancer market is expected to register a CAGR of 13.3%.
A considerable spike in obese population was witnessed in the Western countries, resulting in the subsequent rejection of fizzy drinks due to health awareness. Rapid industrialization resulted in mass production of beverages. Upon further backing up by alluring marketing, this has stemmed into a significant expansion of consumer base for health improving foods and beverages, globally. Even the changing consumer preference towards flavored drinks has driven the water enhancer market. Lack of stringent regulations from regulatory bodies such as the FDA and ESFA, compliance of producers with manufacturing practices and safety concerns among the consumers are the major constraints for the water enhancer industry.
Water enhancers are available in the form of flavored, energy, and fitness drops, with each claiming unique benefits. The energy drops constitute over 60% of the entire product range, due to their demand among the athletic and fitness-oriented consumers. Recently, new products, such as weight management and skin rejuvenating formulae, have also been introduced into the market.
Vitamins, electrolytes, anti-oxidants, and sweeteners are the major active-ingredients employed in the water enhancers industry, with vitamins and electrolytes alone comprising over 64% of the entire product range. The majority of these ingredients are extracted from fruits, vegetables, which hold over 63% of market share. Other sources of raw materials include tealeaves, coffee beans, and recently even coconut water.
In 2016, North America and Europe dominated the global water enhancer sector with 38% and 32% of market share, respectively, due to an increased awareness of the product in these regions. Major companies, such as Pepsi and Coca-Cola, are marketing water enhancers to consumers in the Western world, by promoting the health benefits of enhanced water over that of carbonated and other sugary drinks. Asia-Pacific is an emerging market for water enhancers, due to rapid globalization and adaptation of Western trends. Moreover, there is a growing health and fitness-conscious population in this region, which is expected to contribute to the highest estimated CAGR of 15.2%, during the next five years.
MAJOR PLAYERS: ARIZONA BEVERAGES USA, COTT BEVERAGES, DYLA LLC, GNC, GVC GREAT VALUE COMPANY, H.J.HEINZ COMPANY, HEARTLAND LLC, ICEE CO., KRAFT FOODS INC., NESTLE, ORANGE CRUSH COMPANY, PEPSICO, PIOMA INDUSTRIES, SPLASH CORPORATION and SUNKIST GROWERS INC, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
• Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
• Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
• Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
• Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
• Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.