Growing Incidence of Breast Cancer Globally
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women, in both developed and less developed countries. According to WHO, it was estimated that over 508,000 women died in 2011, due to breast cancer worldwide. Breast cancer incidence rates vary a great deal around the world. Generally, developed countries (such as the United States, England, and Australia) have higher rates than developing countries (such as Cambodia, Nepal, and Rwanda). There were 14.1 million new cancer cases, 8.2 million cancer deaths, and 32.6 million people were living with cancer in 2012, in the world over. As a result, increasing number of people are opting regular screening tests, which in turn is driving the global breast cancer screening market.
Furthermore, the increasing awareness about early detection of breast cancer and increasing government initiatives for breast cancer are also driving the market to grow.
Controversies Related to Mammography
The world is engaged in the discovery of ways to prevent breast cancer and to the control cancer rate. Mammography is popular, but is an imperfect cancer screening test. Although, there is a reduction in death from breast cancer in women who are regularly screened with mammograms every 1-2 years.However, there are many controversies associated with mammogram due to the risks involved. Over-diagnosis and over-treatment are two major risks involved with the mammography screening. These controversies related to mammography are considered as potential threats to the validity of the accepted conclusion that mammography is effective in reducing breast cancer mortality. These controversies are making a direct impact on the breast cancer screening tests market because it is reducing the adoption rate of the tests. And the other factor, like high costs of screening tests in the emerging countries, is also hindering the market growth.
North America to Dominate the Market
North America dominates the market of breast cancer screening tests. North America accounted for the highest market value in 2017. This can be due to the high incidence of breast cancer, growing awareness about early detection of breast cancer and rise in funds for breast cancer treatment by the government and also in the field of research and development. Moreover, Asia-Pacific is expected to record the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
• November 2017: Hologic, Inc. has provided all mammography systems for the Dutch Breast Cancer Screening Program in partnership with Tromp Medical.
• March 2017: Hologic presented its New Breast Cancer Screening and Interventional Solutions (Affirm prone breast biopsy system).
Major Players: A&G PHARMACEUTICAL INC., MYRIAD GENETICS, AGENDIA BV, ARMUNE BIOSCIENCE INC., METABOLOMIC TECHNOLOGIES INC., ROCHE DIAGNOSTICS LIMITED, SIEMENS HEALTHCARE DIAGNOSTICS INC., BIOCRATES LIFE SCIENCES AG, HOLOGIC, INC., AND QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INCORPORATED, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
• Current and future market outlook for breast cancer screening tests in the developed and emerging markets
• Analyze various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market
• Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth, during the forecast period
• Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
• 3-month analyst support along, with the market estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.